Thursday, May 22, 2008

Bugged setting Dialog in quicktime java!

I've been fighting this bug for days... When calling SGSettingsDialog() from java (the dialog that allows you to choose source, codec etc) I got a strange behavior. The dialog does not accept mouse-downs on the video codec selection popup menu, and the appearence of the dialog looks here and there a bit corrupted. But I did remember that at one time I had been able to select a MP4 codec, so it had to be possible...
I googled for days, without much luck. Yes, qtjava is great but its documentation is soooo poor...
Finally today I accidentally stumbled in the solution:
"We've had sporadic reports from customers of corrupted settings dialogs since QT 7 -- deleting the QuickTime preferences seems to clear it."
Yes, yes, yes: it works! Deleting the preferences (/Users/yourname/Library/Preferences/Quicktime Preferences) fixes it!

No comments: